Saturday, June 12, 2010

Work in Progress

Husband has been working on a big project on our property.  He has created quite a mess.

He works patiently and diligently creating something that will be beautiful when it is completed.

In the midst of the mess... there is beauty.

He makes certain each step in the process is completed perfectly in order to make sure the project, as a whole, turns out just like he envisions it.

When he is finished with the work it will be perfect.  It will be beautiful because it is his good work. 

As I watched him working today, it was a reminder that "He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I struggle to "get it right"... I get frustrated at the number of times I fail in any given area.  But truth says... God is not done with me.  He will patiently and lovingly carry on His good work in me.

Thankfully... we don't have to "get it right" for Him to use us.  There is beauty in the midst of the mess of us because of Jesus.  He is beautiful and perfect.

Today he reminded me that I am a work in progress and He is not finished with me yet.

I can live with that!

No comments: