Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Don't Know vs I Know

I don't know why our adoption is taking soooo long.

I don't know why my three beautiful children have to stay in a boarding school and grow older every day without us.

I don't know why we have a court date that will most likely be changed and cause more delays.

I don't know why we have had money stolen away from the good things it was intended to do.

I don't know why we have been told soooo many lies.

I don't know why.

But what I do know... is that God is faithful.

I know that in the midst of this adoption taking so long, a desire in my heart has grown to help other older children find families and avoid the pain we have been through.

I know that even though my children are not with me, God takes care of them.  He has proven this countless times.

I know that He is control of our court date.

I know that the money we have had stolen has made us determined to do the things God is calling us to do through our own project.

I know that through everything... God has turned evil intentions and brought about good.

I don't know why God thinks I can handle any of this... the adoption or this project.  It is humbling... and scary... and exciting.

I do know that God is moving and directing and providing. I know that He will accomplish great things.

Sometimes I just need to write it down... to remember all that He has already done.  So on the days where "I don't know" creeps up and trys to drag me down... I can look back and remember His faithfulness.

He IS good... and He loves me.  This I know.

4 comments:

Lindy said...

AMEN! Love the clean, crispness of your blog! That's the appearance....REALLY love the content too! Glory to God in all things....including blogging!

Jade Metz said...

Girl! Keep it up! Keep praying. Keep trusting! Girl, God's getting some super awesome glory through all of this! Excited to see what He is going to do and praising Him for what He has already done! <3

Unknown said...

Hallelujah, the Lord is faithful! and we are definatly NOT!

Danielle said...

AMEN!

I'm glad that you're putting your faith in Him. I'm sorry you're going through hardships right now, but I'll leave you with a quote that I find most helpful:

Everything is OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.