Saturday, August 28, 2010

A New Day

I took my eyes off Jesus yesterday.  I was so focused on my own desires and plans, I took my eyes off Him and became frustrated and irritated by the circumstances surrounding me.

He has had His hand on every step of this amazing, almost two year, journey.  Do I so easily forget how much He has accomplished?

Before our first trip to Uganda, we prayed fervently that we would be faithful to His plan for us.  I asked Him to show us the children He wanted us to adopt while we were there.  Do I forget His faithfulness so easily? 

On that first trip, when everything around us was new and heartbreaking and overwhelming in so many ways, but also beautiful, He opened our eyes to a bigger purpose and broke our hearts for the orphans and widows there.  For that, I am forever grateful.

On that same trip to the "Pearl of Africa", He showed us our children.  It was a beautiful, wonderful, perfect moment.  Each one of us knew the moment we saw them that they were to be a part of our family.  We felt it in our hearts. Why do I forget that He will work out all things according to His will and His perfect timing?

He also brought Daniel into our lives on that trip. Daniel, who we now call son and will forever be joined as family. This young man that speaks truth into my heart and shows me how to truly walk in faith.

I have been led to return on several occasions without a complete understanding of the purpose for each trip.  It was only once I was in country that the reason was revealed.  Oh! how faithful our God is!  He has protected our children from being forever lost to us, He has revealed the truth when we were being deceived, He has taken the desire of our hearts and allowed us to be a bigger part of His plan in caring for the orphans in a real and tangible way.  How easily I become distracted by the obstacles in front of me and forget that He is the One who moves mountains!

"Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done.  the things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5

This morning I received a precious, encouraging e-mail from my Daniel.  He spoke of courage and God's plan, reminding me that His plan is perfect and in His perfect timing He would make it happen.  Oh, how this young man blesses my heart!

As I read in Isaiah this morning, God spoke... "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Jesus, forgive me for focusing on the obstacles instead of You. Forgive me for wanting my own way, instead of faithfully waiting on Your purposes to be accomplished. I completely surrender to You and trust in You, believing You will accomplish what you have set out to do.  Thank You for loving me and for all that You are doing.  You are faithful and good... and so very worthy of all praise!

No comments: