Saturday, July 17, 2010

Walking

Evening walks are magical.

We slow down...

and just enjoy being together.

We talk quietly and really listen...

while being the people God has created us to be.

There is such joy in the simplicity of it.

Walking.

When I think about walking with Jesus...
I think we make it complicated.
I think we over-anaylze it...
and set unrealistic expectations on ourselves.

Walking with Jesus...
is just walking.
It's putting one foot in front of the other...
slowing down to marvel at His beauty...
enjoying Him for who He is...
listening to His voice...
embracing the person He created us to be...
and celebrating with great joy His saving grace!

I pray that as you walk with Jesus
you will enjoy the marvelous simplicity
and blessing of just being with Him.

"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

1 comment:

mr. furry fanatic said...

that I must say is one of the most magnificent string of sentences I have ever heard it was great!