Monday, January 12, 2009

More

These past few weeks in Uganda have been a life changing experience. I have seen God move in powerful, personal ways. I have felt His presence... I have heard His voice... I have been consumed by His love. I want MORE...

I don't EVER want to be the same as I was before...

As I try to get back into the routine of daily life... I struggle. I know it's important to take care of my family... I know it's important to do the laundry, to go to the grocery store, to cook dinner and do the dishes, to drive the children to school and dance and music lessons... I know...

But... my heart longs to return to Uganda... to love on the children we have sponsored and tell them they are special and important. My heart longs to return... to tell those two precious children that God so clearly spoke to our hearts about... that we want them, that we love them, that they haven't been forgotten... that we will care for them.

My heart aches... for the children and the families that wait, and wait, and wait to be together. My heart aches even more... for those that are still on the streets... in the quarries... without family, without food... carrying burdens far greater than they should have to... struggling... to simply survive.

My heart yearns... to do M O R E... more for the children... more for Jesus.

3 comments:

minda312 said...

Cheryl-

Ahhh I'm excitd to keep caught up with you too. :-)

I miss seeing you all too- as well as singing at Grace- but i know, that i know- that i KNOW I am where I am supposed to be for this time and place. :-)

Excited to continue reading your blog!

emily said...

Tears as I so know and love your heart!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, this post just screamed at me ... i would love to talk w/ you about adopting from Uganda and what that process looks like when yo have time ... since meeting Katie and loving on her my faith has grown far beyond words ...

blessings sweet sister ...