Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Letter to Daddy

Dear Daddy,

I know you are in a better place because I know you love Jesus... but I miss you terribly. I will forever miss your voice in the background as I talk to Mom on the phone yelling, "Hi Hon... I love you". I will forever miss your bear hugs. I will forever miss the way your smile would light up a room and the way you would make the smallest of gifts seem like the grandest thing you had ever received. I will forever miss your stubborn ways and the way you would ask me to, "Come over here and let me show you something".

Thank you for making Momma so happy and for taking such good care of her. Thank you for loving me as your own. Thank you for loving my children, for spoiling them, and for teaching them so many things. I know you were so proud of them and that meant the world to me.

It blesses my heart to witness so many people who were touched by you in one way or another. You brought much happiness into many lives. So many people miss you... especially Momma. You were a wonderful man, Daddy, and I am so proud to be your daughter.

I love you and I'll be seeing you...
C

No comments: