Sunday, October 24, 2010

In the Quiet

As I was standing at my kitchen sink washing dishes this past week, watching Juliet and Kenneth work on their math lessons, I could only smile and give thanks to God.

It was a two year journey to get them home.  So.Worth.It.

For nearly two years, before we met them, I had been seeking God's direction for my life.  We had finished building our home.  After home schooling for 15 plus years, we had enrolled our youngest four children in a small private school.  All of a sudden, the house was quiet... and still.  I missed being with my children all day and considered bringing them back home numerous times.  But we believed, without a doubt, that they were where they were supposed to be to complete their education.  But, now what was I going to do?

A hunger grew in me to serve God in a new way...  a burning desire that left me standing at my kitchen sink crying out to Him daily for direction. I did NOT want my life to be about a tidy house and clean laundry. I know now... that the house needed to be quiet... so that I could hear Him.

The Lord had planted the seed for Ug*nda and orphans in my heart through different people many years ago.  It was during the quiet years that He spoke to my heart and prepared our family, not only for adoption, but for a bigger project.  His hand guided us down the road to adoption and it is His hand alone that brought these children home.

He is faithful.

Now as I stand at my kitchen sink and watch my children begin their new life, I can only praise Him.  He has brought them here.  He is faithful.  Always.

If you are seeking His direction... be still and listen. It is in the quiet that you will hear Him.  He will answer you.  He will show you the way.  And whatever obstacles lie ahead, He will bring His good plan to completion.  He will.

"...asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.  And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way..." Col. 1:9-10

1 comment:

Maher Family said...

What a beautiful blog and story! I too know what it's like to have an "empty nest" but luckily God has blessed us with two beautiful and healthy grandchildren. May God bless you and your family on this new journey :)