Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Which Way Lord?

"As you look... you see a twisted, complicated path, with branches going off in all directions.  You wonder how you can possibly find your way through the maze."

The path we are on right now is...  Twisted.  Complicated.  a Maze.

When we hired a new lawyer this summer and seperated from the agency we were using, we knew it was the right thing to do.  We had no idea what we were doing or where it would ultimately lead us, but we knew it was God's will. 

We stepped out in faith.

"We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20

We stepped out not knowing what we were supposed to do next.  We stepped out completely trusting the Lord for direction. 

It was a little uncomfortable.

"I remember the One who is with me always, holding me by my right hand.  I recall His promise to guide me with His counsel, and I begin to relax."

We have recently discovered that if we would not have followed the Lord's prompting for me to travel to Kampala and then hire a lawyer to complete our adoption... we would have lost our children.

"He is my refuge and strength, an ever-present and well-proved help in trouble."

We still have obstacles to overcome regarding our adoption.  There is still a twisted, complicated path ahead of us.  We need wisdom, discernment, direction...

We need the prayers of the saints interceding on our behalf.

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16b

I am learning "to turn my attention more fully to Jesus and to enjoy His Presence." 

In the midst of all that is going on regarding our adoption...  He has set a vision on my heart.  A vision so big that it will ONLY be accomplished by His hand.  A vision I look forward to sharing with you.  Soon.

We are seeking His guidance.

He is preparing us.

It's not about me.  It's not about our adoption.  It's about Him.  It's about His purposes being fulfilled.  It's about His name being glorified.

I have to admit... I am excited to be out of my "comfort zone". Excited to see where the Lord is leading us.

He is teaching me to keep my focus on Him.

'Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "this is the way; walk in it."'  Isaiah 30:21

He is faithful.  In Him my heart rejoices and I trust in His holy name!

1 comment:

minda312 said...

ha. this post is so in tune with what my heart is feeling.- and even in tune with a post that I just made.

Praying for you and your sweet family. :-)