Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

As we celebrate Thanksgiving and I think about all that I have to be thankful for, it's the big things that come to mind first...

Jesus, my Savior and Lord... obviously!

husband

children

family

friends

health

home

and then I realize how much more I have to be thankful for...

how much more I take for granted...

because I have always had ...

mom and dad

shelter

clean water

food

medical care

and the list goes on and on....

When I think of the millions of orphans in the world that do not have anything...

it breaks my heart.

And I am thankful for that too.

I am thankful that my eyes have been opened.

I am thankful that my heart has been touched.

I am thankful that my Father is faithful...

and that He will not "leave them as orphans".

I am so thankful.

No comments: