Saturday, May 30, 2009

Where Did the Time Go?

I won't bore you with the details of my thought pattern lately (I know you're thankful about that :)... but, I will share with you a thought from a book I'm reading that really got me thinking.

"Every day, every second, carries with it its own finality. Time is our one indisputably nonrenewable resource."

"At the end of every day, one more box in the calendar has been shifted from the future column to the past column, from possibility to history. And all of its moments can be remembered, can be celebrated or regretted, but can never be retrieved."

"Life does not have a rewind button, so we must seek to get it right the first time."

from "It All Goes Back in the Box" by John Ortberg

Does this speak to you at all?? Our time goes from being full of possibilities this day... to history... done... finished... no "do overs"!

No comments: