Wednesday, March 25, 2009

APPROVED!

Today we received our I-171H approval! We are SO excited!
I know some of you are thinking... what?!? Simply put... the government has approved Gary and I to adopt. To be parents... "it has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care for an orphan or orphans." It's nice to have an official piece of paper that says we are worthy of parenthood. Our seven children will be thrilled that we now have documentation to back us up. I kid.

This is one of those moments that make the journey to adoption seem a little more real for me... like it's not just some fairy tale dream. It's really happening.

Thank you for praying for us as we travel this road... we are SO happy and blessed to have you journey with us.

Ok... but... WOO HOO!! :)

7 comments:

emily said...

How many weeks has it been since you have been fingerprinted?

Congrats. I remember that day so well!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

yiiipppppeeeee ... that precious, precious piece of paper !!! I remember running to the mailbox for weeks just waiting for that !! one step closer sister !!!!

we are filing for our soon !!!

thislifeunfolded said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cheryl said...

Hey Emily :)
Gary and I went on Feb. 13th, but then I had to have mine redone... that was on March 4th.

Maurine said...

WOO HOO! One step closer! Congratulations!

minda312 said...

a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

and thanks for the comment on my page. glad to know i'm not the only one dealing with that!!! ;-)

You are an encourager!

jena said...

WooooHooooo! So excited for each step!