Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What Are You?

Are you a player?  Or a spectator?

As I was reading Katie's blog this morning, I was once again amazed at how God is using this young woman.  She is completely sold out for Christ.  She LIVES what Jesus taught.  The love of Christ flows through her and touches people in a tangible, real, life changing way.  It is beautiful to witness.

After reading and tearfully rejoicing in God's goodness in the lives of those He has Katie ministering to, the question "Are you a player?  Or a spectator?" came into my head.

Questions worth considering.

I think it is easy to get so wrapped up in what others are doing... that we forget to do our part... we merely watch.  We have to be careful that we are not rendered ineffective because we compare what we are doing or not doing with others.

As believers we each have a unique part to play as the body of Christ.  We must DO our part.  Some big... some small... but each part important and necessary.

The body of Christ is supposed to DO what Jesus commanded.  Jesus said, "Love each other as I have loved you." "You are my friends if you DO what I command." John 14: 12, 14

So... What are you?

1 comment:

Jim and April said...

Amen! I want to do my part that God has called me! Great reminder!