Thursday, August 13, 2009

What Does God Expect of Us?

I started reading "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Sterns this morning. (Thank you, Erin, for the recommendation!) I got through the introduction and prologue when I stopped.

I really want this truth to get into my heart and yours...

"Christ has no body on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
no feet but yours.
Yours are the eyes through which
Christ's compassion for the world
is to look out;
yours are the feet
with which He is to go about doing good;
and yours are the hands
with which He is to bless us now."
Saint Teresa of Avila

Now, I know this in my head, but what I truly want... is to make certain I actually LIVE it out.

Did you read it? Read it again. Let it sink in. Do you get it?

We must get this in order to make a real difference in this world for Christ. We MUST be the body, the hands, the feet of Christ in this world.

For that is what He calls us to do.

That is what He expects of us.

No comments: