Saturday, September 18, 2010

Remember

"Remember this moment," was what Mindy whispered to me while we were waiting for the judge to enter the court.  "Remember this is the moment we have been fighting for for so long."

There were moments during the hearing that I questioned myself.  Am I doing the right thing?  Is there a better way?  Do these children really understand?  The judge made some comments that had me asking  myself, "Am I being selfish?"  "Would they be better off staying here with their mother?"

When I found out they had a mother, it knocked me to my knees.  I had believed they were full orphans for so long that I had a really hard time processing that truth. It took me several days of crying out to the Lord, asking Him, "What am I supposed to do?!" before I remembered (again!) that this was God's plan.  He brought us to this place.  He showed us these children.  He spoke to our hearts. This was His plan!

Through every trial, every disappointment, every discouragment, every sad day, every anxious day, every frustrating day... God has been working. He has a beautiful, perfect, marvelous plan for these children and for my family. I can not see it clearly... but I trust Him and I will remember His faithfulness.

As I sat in court, listening to this judge that has the authority to keep these children from coming home with me... I could only pray.  God has a plan and whatever the outcome is, it will be His doing.

Now... we wait for a ruling.  It was supposed to come on Friday... but the judge wants to see the children's uncle.  My friend has had to travel very far and search for him, since he has no phone.  There was some concern that he wouldn't be found.  Praise God! he is now here in the city and ready to appear in court on Monday.

When I enter the court on Monday, I will remember the One who has brought us here... and that He will finish what He has started.

"Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.  Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.  Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced." 
1 Chron. 16: 10-12

No comments: